Login

russian armor

is radio intercept supposed to alert on call-ins ?

24 Feb 2014, 12:41 PM

i noticed when playing the other day, that radio intercept did not alert me to when the germans were calling in assualt grens. is this intended ?
24 Feb 2014, 13:38 PM

Hmm, it's a little bit confusing, because I can not recall any messages on ass grens, but I'm 100% positive that radio intercept tells you about arrival of Tiger and Panthers. Tiger is a call in.
Correct me if I'm wrong but in its current state this ability is out of date. It hasn't been changed since day one that's why it doesn't warn you about units that appeared later on in DLC, like Assault Grenadiers and Turbo Ace.

Overall, I think this ability is totally useless. I don't care about knowing how many grenadiers, MG42 or mortars the enemy builds in early game, I know there will be some anyway. What I want to know is if Germans upgrade HT to FHT or not, if grens or panzergrenadiers get any weapon upgrades like panzershreks, LMG or semi-automatic rifles. This is what important mostly, and this is what you don't get to know with Radio Intercept.

I do like this new commander, tripple ppsh and dirt cheap shturmovik are just awesome! Also, I like the idea of a single T34-85 which gives me more tactical choices. I can build one more of this to beat infantry pretty hard or I can opt out for SU85 for more AT power.

I think that Radio Intercept either needs to be updated to nowadays gameplay or completely removed from game. I would rather have HtD or Propaganda Artillery with this commander.
24 Feb 2014, 14:07 PM

It works for me.
24 Feb 2014, 14:47 PM

What is *Turbo Ace*?
24 Feb 2014, 15:00 PM
Donator 11

Well it worked for me with assgrens and TA.
24 Feb 2014, 15:52 PM

Maybe I've misheard tiger ace but radio still gives us nothing on weapons upgrade
24 Feb 2014, 16:58 PM

It seems kind of random. I played one game where I got a notification of agrens (2v2) followed by another where I did not get a notification of agrens (1v1). In the game where I did not get the agren notification I DID get a notification of the little StuG callin. I'm not sure what to make of this.

And useless? I feel like this ability is basically cheating. I don't have to prebuild or guess anything, just react to whatever they do.

"Oh, I see they just teched to T3. Let me go ahead and get an ATG out."

"Double MG opening? Hello M3 flamer!"

etc etc. Very very valuable.

I will say that it tends to be less useful the more players there are in the game because the amount of information is overwhelming and because tech countering is less important than just tank spam, but in 1v1 and 2v2 it's fantastic. Telling my ally on Teamspeak "Yeah one guy just skipped to T3, we're going to need a SU85 out pretty soon" is, as I said, borderline cheating.
24 Feb 2014, 17:00 PM

then i wonder if the ability is just bugged....it certainly did not let me know agrens were on the field. i was shocked when i ran across them.
24 Feb 2014, 17:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Feb 2014, 16:58 PMShazz
It seems kind of random. I played one game where I got a notification of agrens (2v2) followed by another where I did not get a notification of agrens (1v1). In the game where I did not get the agren notification I DID get a notification of the little StuG callin. I'm not sure what to make of this.

And useless? I feel like this ability is basically cheating. I don't have to prebuild or guess anything, just react to whatever they do.

"Oh, I see they just teched to T3. Let me go ahead and get an ATG out."

"Double MG opening? Hello M3 flamer!"

etc etc. Very very valuable.

I will say that it tends to be less useful the more players there are in the game because the amount of information is overwhelming and because tech countering is less important than just tank spam, but in 1v1 and 2v2 it's fantastic. Telling my ally on Teamspeak "Yeah one guy just skipped to T3, we're going to need a SU85 out pretty soon" is, as I said, borderline cheating.

All of the above. I think its buggy. It should report Asgrens, but it sometimes does not.

Ability is crazy useful right now. In large team games I can tell teammates what they are about to see, and if a Ost player builds a sniper I can put myself in a position to kill it on the first shot. In addition, since built units appear at the closest exit point to where they are rallied I even know where units are going when they are pulled.
24 Feb 2014, 19:20 PM

Ok, I guess I have to look at this one more time, thanks!
24 Feb 2014, 19:29 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

All of the above. I think its buggy. It should report Asgrens, but it sometimes does not.

Ability is crazy useful right now. In large team games I can tell teammates what they are about to see, and if a Ost player builds a sniper I can put myself in a position to kill it on the first shot. In addition, since built units appear at the closest exit point to where they are rallied I even know where units are going when they are pulled.

This. It´s easy to know where the early units are going to be pushing.
Vs grens, sacrifice capping n go for the number advantage on engagement/molotov
Vs mgs, prepare your flanking attack.
Vs mortar, just push forward.

On 3v3+ can be a bit confusing with the mount of information, but on 2v2 it´s really fine till mid/late game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★