Login

russian armor

Kiting and AT-grenades

18 Feb 2014, 22:50 PM

Wouldnt kiting in coh2 bring up the game another gamelevel? I miss it.
As it stands its hard to kite with say a german SC or soviet T-70. One at-grenade and the t-70 is out of action for a while or lost.
If kiting is something that would be fun to have in the game, whats the solution to bring this in to gameplay? My suggestion is to lower the length of the at-grenades.
18 Feb 2014, 23:24 PM

its still possible to kite imo, not as easy as it was before vehicle accuracy nerf but still ok
18 Feb 2014, 23:38 PM

Kiting with all vehicles is a major part of the game. AT nades and fausts basically mean you HAVE to kite with your vehicles.

18 Feb 2014, 23:48 PM

In my opinion the biggest thing preventing kiting right now is the path finding of light vehicles and non-turreted tanks. The vehicles are fast enough to escape oorahing conscripts/grenadiers, but halftracks and Su-85s often decide to spin around in circles when you try to make them reverse, or when they're told to drive anywhere near obstacles. I believe if this was fixed kiting would be much more effective and easy to use.
19 Feb 2014, 02:04 AM

I think kiting should be easier to do, and be little more punishing if you fail to do it.

increase in the damage of AT nades and fausts while reducing their range would achieve that.

This would force players to use FOV and flanks to nade a tank, and rewards them more when they do it successfully by doing significant damage AND engine crit.

I'd also suggest introducing a lighter version of engine crit (something like infantry speed) that then could develop into heavier crit if tank gets more nades or damege thrown at it; and to make up for this nerf increase grenade damage even further.
This would let players be a little more pushy with their tanks as one grenade will not leave it stranded out of position. At the same time it would decrease tanks staying power as nades do much more damage. I don't see a reason 4-5 conscripts lobbing AT nades at P4 should not kill it.
19 Feb 2014, 02:16 AM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

100% accurate at-nades and faust need to change back to what sticky bombs in vcoh are. Meaning that they only connect if the vehicle stays within range. It's absolutely stupid seeing at nades and faust traveling a massive distance.
19 Feb 2014, 07:27 AM

Increase the range of both Faust and AT nades, but remove the 'homing' ability. It's ridiculous seeing Fausts going through buildings and hedges. Bring the mechanics more in line with those of sticky bombs/panzer fausts; if the vehicle goes out of range, cancel the order. All conscripts need to do is get in range for a second and trigger the AT nade. Even if you're half a mile away by then, the nade will travel an insane distance and engine crit you.
19 Feb 2014, 08:07 AM

I don't think it would be a great idea to increase AT nades damage.
Then some stupid strat like 7-8 conscripts into spam T34-85 will be possible.

However i agree that just cancel nade if the tank go out of range (a range bigger than the one to activate the skill) could be a good idea.
19 Feb 2014, 08:51 AM

been suggested thousands of times
relic won't do it
they prefer streamlined no-micro play for the soviet faction
AT nade to win
19 Feb 2014, 17:21 PM

I think that if the vcoh way were to be reimplemented, kiting would become way too easy now there is a reverse button.

Maybe at nades and faust should stay the way they are, but at a certain range the throw should get cancelled? This way a vehicle that is already on the move and gets an at nade/faust at it at long range won't get nade/fausted. But driving a vehicle into a squad or doing a good ambush with a gren/con will result in a damaged engine.
19 Feb 2014, 17:46 PM

considering most people can already kite just by staying out of AT/faust range, i think this would be too forgiving. its easy enough to back up, stop, shoot, back up again.
19 Feb 2014, 17:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Feb 2014, 17:46 PMwooof
considering most people can already kite just by staying out of AT/faust range, i think this would be too forgiving. its easy enough to back up, stop, shoot, back up again.

+1
20 Feb 2014, 05:56 AM

I disagree to this, kiting with FHT would be so fucking easy in this case lol.
10 Mar 2014, 20:36 PM

Ok, but in coh even noobs could do it and I dont feel I see much replays where this is done in a gamewinning way. Maybe people feel this was done in a cheesyfashion with the PE-armored cars.
Kiting with t-70 would be nice if the Crew repair-ability would function. Then it wouldnt be a gamechanger if you were hit by the faust. To bad it dont get rid of the crippled engine for 60 munis. Useless ability.
18 Mar 2014, 22:23 PM

Permanently Banned
AT's magic's are a much liars trques...

A guided weapon in 2nd war...

Never miss (99%)...

Storm the front of the tank but blow the rear engine...

And get you out of the vision of infantry, is a bugged animation...

No need more... Fix it! Easy!
19 Mar 2014, 11:41 AM

100% accurate at-nades and faust need to change back to what sticky bombs in vcoh are. Meaning that they only connect if the vehicle stays within range. It's absolutely stupid seeing at nades and faust traveling a massive distance.

+1. Also would be cool if AT nades/Faust had a chance to destory the gun instead of the engine. Would provide different situations to play out instead of the same effect every time.
19 Mar 2014, 12:13 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Faust/AT nade range could be tweaked to compensate, perhaps back to how it was in the beta (20 iirc) or more.

Also would be cool if AT nades/Faust had a chance to destory the gun instead of the engine. Would provide different situations to play out instead of the same effect every time.

The last thing people want, if I understand the situation correctly, is even more uncontrollable, massively game-changing, RNG :P
19 Mar 2014, 14:49 PM

Faust/AT nade range could be tweaked to compensate, perhaps back to how it was in the beta (20 iirc) or more.

The last thing people want, if I understand the situation correctly, is even more uncontrollable, massively game-changing, RNG :P

True. Guess I'm looking for more variety. Game feels pretty stale currently. Same strats every game with little unit variety. Anyway back on topic...
19 Mar 2014, 16:54 PM
Donator 11

I disagree to this, kiting with FHT would be so fucking easy in this case lol.

maybe you think so cause you never really played coh1. stickies system really work better than this state in coh2.
19 Mar 2014, 17:09 PM

Well, Relic doesn't seem to want to change it anyway...

But cataclaw has a point, if ATnades and faust are changed to be like in COH1, FlameHT and flamer in scout car need to be nerfed in some way.

Personally, I'd like to keep ATnades and faust homing missiles the way they are. But I'd add a system where tanks receive an engine damage only if they are hited on their back.
But scout cars and HTs still receive an engine damage no matter where they are hited.

And remove the stupid RNG with critical engine damage, and not penetrating AT nades.

You hit a tank on the front, it receives X damage, you hit a tank on the back, it receives X damages + damaged engine.

It adds skill to the game, and doesn't remove homing missiles, wich Relic seems to want to keep.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★