Login

russian armor

Kharkov Pursuit (General Difficulty) Impossible

12 Feb 2014, 21:44 PM

So I finally started hammering out all the ToW missions I have available to me. The last one in Case Blue was Kharkov. This mission is insane. I've already gone into extensive detail in the below link.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/231430/discussions/0/558747921986288908/?tscn=1392240960#p1

Even if you beat this mission months ago, try it now. I'm telling you, something weird is going on. Not even the zerg can swarm this fast.
12 Feb 2014, 23:17 PM

It's pretty tough, not sure if it got any harder than when I did if the first time a while ago (since I can't remember how difficult it was back then).

I was able to beat it just now, without Tiger Ace. I went Gren/MG/Gren/MG to T2, for Pak and HT. At this point you might be dealing with penal hordes which might push you off the field - you can be even pushed back as far as your own base. But that's alright, since then you can use your base bunker MGs to help deal with all those penals.

During those attacks a T-70 and a T-34 came, but it wasn't hard to deal with since AI is really bad at flanking AT guns with it's tanks. After that I got more Grens and a mortar. I guess a decently microed sniper could work too.

When I dealt with enemy forces attacking my base, I just recaptured north/center part of the map, and held it until I had enough fuel for a Tiger. The intensity of attacks is much weaker now, so it's pretty simple to do if you haven't lost your MGs.

Before I was able to call in the Tiger, a KV-1 appeared, but like with previous tanks, AI is hopeless in controlling it, so you should be able to counter it with your vet 2/3 AT gun (and Gren support for a faust).

From when the Tiger arrives it's a walk in the park. I've used the Lighting War doctrine, but any doctrine with a Tiger would work, since I barely used any other ability from this commander.

So, there - hope it'll help. It might be tough, but it's not impossible. Not sure if that's the difficulty the Relic had in mind of this mission though.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★