Login

russian armor

I refuse to play against Tanker Ace

26 Jan 2014, 13:39 PM

Last game: 3vs3 pretty even, good and entertaining.

Until two Tiger Aces rolled out and removed almost every unit we had - not alone of course but supported by PGrens, Panthers and whatever else they had available... we managed to repel them, but there was no chance for recovery.

I don't mind vetting up units as it cost fuel and I've tried this doctrine during the free weekend, but the "uberTiger" idea is simply retarded.

I'm not talking about some bad players who just rush them as is such case it's quite easy to destroy it - the real problem is when I'm facing a good player who uses it in the second line to simply destroy everything facing his forces.

Anyway, ranting done - as soon as I see "elite commander" I'm going to hit "/leave" and save my time instead of spending 30min+ just to be destroyed by some crazy free unit.
26 Jan 2014, 14:01 PM

Permanently Banned
wait for it
26 Jan 2014, 14:02 PM

Permanently Banned

it could be a new unit, it delivers you lots of fuel.
26 Jan 2014, 14:08 PM
Patrion 14

26 Jan 2014, 16:18 PM

Yep, I'm also boycotting this game till they nerf the living shit out of that unit or remove it from the game completely, it just such a bullshit unit its unbelievable.

Unlike the posters above me I am not trolling and talking about the tiger ace
26 Jan 2014, 17:03 PM

Permanently Banned
i know, that is why i said wait for it ^^ ,it wont take a long.
26 Jan 2014, 17:54 PM

This thing is OP but not unbeatable
26 Jan 2014, 17:55 PM

I really hate it when you have a nice, close game and suddenly your opponent hits 16cp and gets 32000000 fuel basically for free.
26 Jan 2014, 18:36 PM

Permanently Banned
yeah, that damn Tanker Ace
26 Jan 2014, 18:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jan 2014, 14:02 PMakosi

it could be a new unit, it delivers you lots of fuel.

xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
27 Jan 2014, 10:25 AM

Yesterday during SNF dev speaks about some modificiton concerning tiger Ace.

Something like it will cost MP, still no income during Ace but income will come back if he dies, he can be call only one time and perhaps less power full.
27 Jan 2014, 13:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jan 2014, 13:39 PMAnraka
Last game: 3vs3 pretty even, good and entertaining.

Until two Tiger Aces rolled out and removed almost every unit we had - not alone of course but supported by PGrens, Panthers and whatever else they had available... we managed to repel them, but there was no chance for recovery.

I don't mind vetting up units as it cost fuel and I've tried this doctrine during the free weekend, but the "uberTiger" idea is simply retarded.

I'm not talking about some bad players who just rush them as is such case it's quite easy to destroy it - the real problem is when I'm facing a good player who uses it in the second line to simply destroy everything facing his forces.

Anyway, ranting done - as soon as I see "elite commander" I'm going to hit "/leave" and save my time instead of spending 30min+ just to be destroyed by some crazy free unit.

I would say that if TA came together with a bunch of pgrens AND Panthers, then no... you did not have a fair and enjoyable game. You let OH to gather such a force which means you were already losing.

It is very very easy to find out if the enemy goes TA. Early vetted grens and team weapons, lack of light and medium vehicles and such are indicators of this.
So you have to get ready for TA before you get to 16cp or better try to push enemy off the map and win.

I had to deal with TA in team games at least 15 times, and we probably won good 80% of such matches.
27 Jan 2014, 16:22 PM

Dont worry, Tiger Ace will be soon heavily nerfed to crap, like other german units, so you can stop complaining.
27 Jan 2014, 16:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jan 2014, 17:54 PMPorygon
This thing is OP but not unbeatable

The main issue about TA is the huge boredom of having to play the game knowing that it won't matter how good you play, the game will be decided by a lucky ram or a mine.

It can be destroyed yes, but it also ruins your fun.

I understand everyone who leaves the game till that unit gets nerfed.
27 Jan 2014, 20:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jan 2014, 13:54 PMtokarev

I would say that if TA came together with a bunch of pgrens AND Panthers, then no... you did not have a fair and enjoyable game. You let OH to gather such a force which means you were already losing.

That's bullcrap. An army of Pgrens and panthers can be dealth with in an even game. For every panther there can be 2 T34/76, or a SU85 or and an AT gun. For every Pgren there can be a penal squad, or some schock troopers. Games can go on for 30+ minutes with no one having a clear advantage over the other. The tiger ace takes a huge piss on this concept of a good game and turn it into 'kill the germans before 16 cp or he wins'.
30 Jan 2014, 07:54 AM

Dont worry, Tiger Ace will be soon heavily nerfed to crap, like other german units, so you can stop complaining.

This. Ostheer always works 10x harder than their soviet counterpart. Bye bye Tiger Ace.
8 Feb 2014, 22:33 PM

A hilarious semi-rant...I think everyone is in agreement tiger ace is OP, get over yourself already :D
8 Feb 2014, 23:46 PM

That's bullcrap. An army of Pgrens and panthers can be dealth with in an even game. For every panther there can be 2 T34/76, or a SU85 or and an AT gun. For every Pgren there can be a penal squad, or some schock troopers. Games can go on for 30+ minutes with no one having a clear advantage over the other. The tiger ace takes a huge piss on this concept of a good game and turn it into 'kill the germans before 16 cp or he wins'.

Not exactly, the game doesn't have to be over before approaching 16 cp. You just have to watch the points clock and build up some stronger AT defences. Of course, it is all situational but TA doesn't really make me sick on my stomach, it is easy to keep it at bay, but dealing with early pre-vetted infantry that comes out all shiny with nice sexy weapons is my bigger concern. Vanilla shocks have hard time keeping the map.
9 Feb 2014, 16:34 PM

Not exactly, the game doesn't have to be over before approaching 16 cp. You just have to watch the points clock and build up some stronger AT defences. Of course, it is all situational but TA doesn't really make me sick on my stomach, it is easy to keep it at bay, but dealing with early pre-vetted infantry that comes out all shiny with nice sexy weapons is my bigger concern. Vanilla shocks have hard time keeping the map.

This is exactly right, but of course those shiny vetted early units are why its so hard to prepare for the tiger ace that may or may not appear, your AT investment means a manpower drain you can ill afford to counter a unit that has no cost impact to summon to the battlefield.

It seems to me if a player is going to bring Tiger ace he prepares for it as much as his opponent does, hoard manpower, move with sweepers that double as repair guys etc.

often a single vet 3 PIV supporting, great for popping forward to make sure there's no mines and nascar out with smoke if there's trouble ahead.
14 Feb 2014, 00:47 AM

You were probably skewed toward the losing end anyway in a way which was not perceptible to you. That, or you overreacted to the Aces and hopelessly spammed AT instead of taking advantage of their severe manpower deficiency. Won yesterday against double Tiger Aces without even having to kill one, though I've killed several in the past.

Its OP-ness is a lot more apparent on small maps though. It can roll right into your base and kill you.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★