Login

russian armor

attn Company of Heroes 2 Worldbuilders

Hux
7 Jan 2013, 18:27 PM
Patrion 14

Count me in as well. I cannot wait to start making some CoH2 maps. I was worried that they weren't gunna include anything and rely on DLC map packs.

Any talk about markers, has anyone heard?
Moy
7 Jan 2013, 21:48 PM

Ami? (Admin?) Can we get a mappers sub forum where we can talk map ideas and balance?? Would be sweeeeeeeet!
7 Jan 2013, 22:12 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Sure. What shall we call it, and can it fit under one of the already existing forum groups?
7 Jan 2013, 22:25 PM

Ami, it can go under Parlor Room > COH2 Mapping or something.
7 Jan 2013, 22:38 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

I'm thinking "Grand Hall" and "Hall of Lights" can simply be combined into "Hall of Lights". "Events" and "Player Fan Pages" could be grouped together. The only future forum planned for that group is a "League" forum. But that's off-topic.

You can imagine the "Parlor Room" as simply a place where people get together to play games and talk about games. It's our version of "general discussion." I don't know if that's the kind of place where people would talk about making things, like maps. Right now all of our "making things" stuff happens in the staff forums, which are called the "Drawing Rooms." There is currently no members-viewable "making things" room, and maybe we need one. Mapping and modding could both fall under this category.
8 Jan 2013, 05:03 AM
Senior Caster Badge

To be honest I didn't even realize the forums were divided up into little rooms. Does it even matter what goes in which room? Can we have a kitchen? The kitchen is where awesome stuff is created by awesome people, so that sounds like a great place for mappers and modders.
Moy
8 Jan 2013, 07:42 AM

Field Kitchen!
8 Jan 2013, 07:48 AM

Can't wait to see what you guys produce!

I remember map making in Age of Empires used to just create massive battles. CoH requires so much more thought though, with buildings, cover and resource points all playing major factors. Got a lot of respect for the quality map makers. Takes so much time.

Although I'm not so good at making stuff would be more than happy to give you guys a good in gameplay testing maps! :)
8 Jan 2013, 14:17 PM

Hey Stephenn. Having testers is really important to achieve good balance. I will most likely take you up on your offer. I like your stream by the way
8 Jan 2013, 14:29 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jan 2013, 07:42 AMMoy
Field Kitchen!

I like the way you guys are thinking now. But remember, we have commandeered a provincial palace as our base of operations. So it has to be a room in the palace :)

8 Jan 2013, 14:47 PM

Royal Kitchenette, Royal Cookery?
8 Jan 2013, 14:48 PM

Yes, I agree with the Kitchen and all but.

Where do we store the vodka?

---

Speaking of which, I was wondering if anyone wanted to remake the vCoH maps into CoH2 maps.

With permission from the makers, of course
8 Jan 2013, 15:05 PM

It would be nice if vCOH maps could be exported and remade , But i doubt that would be possible ...
8 Jan 2013, 15:08 PM

getting the basic map looks over should not be much of a problem... getting the sector layout etc. over might become a problem, since the way resources work or sectors are capped have changed. also, just because the maps were balanced in CoH, does not mean they are balanced in CoH2.
8 Jan 2013, 15:44 PM

Imagine Semois in winter-time... frozen rivers, fields with deep snow, True Sight in the middle... building camp-fires behind the buildings before a blizzard arrives, while trying to prevent your opponent from doing the same. :hyper:

But I'm sure there will already be at least one map that plays like that ;)
8 Jan 2013, 15:47 PM

Hahaha I would actually play Semois if it were like that :P
8 Jan 2013, 16:15 PM

It may look like Semois, but it'll play entirely different, even without snow I'm sure it'll feel different somehow. :)
Just like the Quake 2 maps rebuilt to Quake 3.. it just doesn't work like that.
2 of 2 Relic postsRelic 8 Jan 2013, 21:06 PM
Developer Relic Badge

I don't think Semois as a direct port would play well.

If Semois were to be re-made for CoH2, it would likely be more of a re-imagining. Keep in mind, even the town layout would be affected. Russian villages are generally small clusters of buildings surrounded by fields, not really straight streets.
8 Jan 2013, 22:12 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

Hux
9 Jan 2013, 08:17 AM
Patrion 14

Speaking of which, what are the plans for more built up maps? I mean I heard talk that there would be urban fighting at some point (I'm assuming this wont be exclusive to the campaign). Personally I'm all for creating a whole load of new maps rather than just focusing on recreating the ones we already have.

And secondly, if the forums were laid out like a commandeered stately home I'm assuming it would have large garden an and therefore a conservatory o green house. That's where I'd lay out any cartographic base. Food would be prepared in the kitchen...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★