Login

russian armor

Extended Railroad Bridge

17 Jan 2014, 17:31 PM

Hi guys! New here, have a question about making an elevated extended railroad bridge. I am trying to to make a valley map with a train bridge spanning on an elevated plain across half the map. Problem is that troops will only venture out on the first part of the bridge but will not walk all the way across (they stop after the first section, 3 sections total butted up against each other making the full span) and also, tanks and troops cannot pass underneath the bridge from below even though it is elevated approx. 50 feet off the ground. Anything I am missing? Any help would be great as some of these tools in worldbuilder do not have any explanation as to what they do.

THANKS!
17 Jan 2014, 19:47 PM

1st: I guess you used the Best bridge, did you? Forget that bridge. It was created for a single player mission in CoH1. Some bridges serve mainly singleplayer missions. I recommend using the basic 15/25/35 wide bridges if you want troops to be capable of using them.

2nd: It's not possible for units to pass thru under bridges. The only "workaround" for such a thing is a destroyed bridge, built fromt scratch using debris/ruin-parts.
18 Jan 2014, 02:26 AM

thanks for the reply Brummbaer. I noticed if I make the bridge visual only then the troops/tanks can move underneath unimpeded, but my infantry cannot move across the bridge, which defeats the whole purpose of the bridge, thanks!
5 Feb 2014, 23:28 PM

It is a pain but you can get both the oosterbeek and the sep_bridge_01 halfs to work for troops and vehicles to pass.

Its down to blocker splines, detail impass and ruler mode and choice of bridge

Can show an example tomorrow when I have more time if you like? My present WIP Volkhovsky Forest an it works.

Edit: Not talking about going under just talking about going over.
8 Apr 2014, 02:55 AM

It is a pain but you can get both the oosterbeek and the sep_bridge_01 halfs to work for troops and vehicles to pass.

Its down to blocker splines, detail impass and ruler mode and choice of bridge

Can show an example tomorrow when I have more time if you like? My present WIP Volkhovsky Forest an it works.

Edit: Not talking about going under just talking about going over.

The problem about that bridge is that when other comps repair it, it change the bridge for another bridge ! the bridge_25 i think, know how to fix this?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS