Login

russian armor

Replays Thread

11 Jan 2014, 19:40 PM

Let's post out good replays here so that we can analyze some close games collectively.

I know there are some good ones out there. Post em'!
11 Jan 2014, 20:17 PM

http://www.coh2.org/replays/12829/fullly-cool-game

^ Pretty intense game of Barton vs Condemnation. Will put my thoughts in a spoiler as to not ruin the outcome for anyone.

11 Jan 2014, 20:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jan 2014, 20:17 PMCieZ
http://www.coh2.org/replays/12829/fullly-cool-game

^ Pretty intense game of Barton vs Condemnation. Will put my thoughts in a spoiler as to not ruin the outcome for anyone.

Is this the game that was cast live yesterday?
11 Jan 2014, 20:26 PM

Yeah, sort of live cast. Ami wasn't being too serious but it was still an interesting game.
19 Jan 2014, 17:39 PM

gg vs Zarok on Keine Ruckkehr. Sloppy play both sides, but very fun game!

http://www.coh2.org/file/3500/gg-vs-zarok.rec
20 Jan 2014, 01:37 AM
20 Jan 2014, 16:20 PM

Alright Gabmit, watched the replay and have some ideas that might help you out.

1 - You kind of played into the hands of the partisans, especially with that house near your base. You could have used some idle mortar/PaK gun time to kill it, or you could have put a set of pios in there to prevent partisans from constantly forcing your weapon crews off the map.

2 - You put your HT in a really bad spot considering you knew he had partisans, which caused it to die.

3 - Minesweepers, they're always worth the munition investment and even more so after you've hit a couple of mines (plus partisans can plant mines) I think a sweeper could have paid off big time.

4 - Overall squad preservation was pretty poor. Perhaps just you being rusty or being distracted or whatnot but losing some early squads really set you behind.

5 - Having seen the T34s I probably would have gotten a Stug earlier, but it can be risky vs AT partisans so perhaps more P4s was the right choice, hard to say. Also Stugs aren't amazing on that map, but I'm particularly fond of them against Soviet T3.

6 - There were a few times where you floated a bit too much. Your first P4 could have come out sooner and after putting up T2 and losing a bunch of units, it took you a while to replace them.

On positive notes - you definitely out-micro'd his tanks which really helped you come back. Some sweet PGren flanks to decrew weapon teams. The initial push for his cutoff was solid, but you just put the HT in a poor spot.

From what I saw the two biggest things that hurt you were not playing around the partisans by killing that house or garrisoning that house and losing a lot of squads. GG WP nice win.
20 Jan 2014, 22:17 PM

cool. I did even think about just blowing up the house.... and I hadnt really played against partisans before, so I didnt really know what to expect from them. Thanks for the input. And yeah, I'm so rusty with the 1v1, its terrible.

These suggestions will help me improve in my next games.
15 Apr 2014, 04:58 AM

This was a good idea. Too bad no one really did it. Try again maybe?
21 Apr 2014, 00:09 AM

Hey folks, since I started playing again I dropped some serious ranks in ladder... I hope you can give me some tips :)

-I found half-track to be a more reliable counter in sniper -> guard plays than any other unit.
- my opponent was quite a good player, however a little too passive which influenced the game allot.
-Pay attention on how he took out my mortar half-track... that was mean, but good play.
-I built 2 squads of pGrens this game and did not get any good use of them... i guess i should stop just running into guards?? force of habit from before latest patches :P

In hind sight I would advise myself this:
- Dont suck at dodging granades
- Build MG42 around late mid game when there were enough units on the map to cover the flanks of MG.

Thanks ahead of time for all advice.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS