Login

russian armor

(2) Keine Ruckkehr

8 Jan 2014, 23:35 PM

It is early fall; the sun is hanging over this small farm in eastern Europe. An ominous feeling envelops the soldiers as they approach the crossroads of this small farm. Many feel as if they will not return home.

Hello, and thank you for viewing my new 1v1 map. I'm looking for some advice on how to add effects such as smoke rising from a crater, dust blowing off a road, or rolling fog clouds. I can't seem to find this in Worldbuilder. If you know how to add these effects, please share!

Any feedback on map design is encouraged and welcome.

Steam Workshop
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=214309062

Map Layout

Recent changes:
8 Jan 2014, 23:45 PM

Damn looks sweet. but can i see cutoffs?
8 Jan 2014, 23:46 PM

Will post right now. Tac map is up.
9 Jan 2014, 00:50 AM

sweet. Save it for the map contest!
9 Jan 2014, 02:37 AM

Permanently Banned
unbalance detected, you need to cutoff 3 point at red, and 2 for blue player.
9 Jan 2014, 03:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jan 2014, 02:37 AMakosi
unbalance detected, you need to cutoff 3 point at red, and 2 for blue player.

What do you mean? Each side has 1 strat point which has nothing to do with cut-offs, and each side has 2 strat points that serve as cut-offs. The one point near the red base is not connecting anything to the base.
9 Jan 2014, 03:43 AM

The map looks really good, will give it a try!
9 Jan 2014, 03:44 AM

Permanently Banned
9 Jan 2014, 09:11 AM
Patrion 14

Nice map you got there, will give it a shot :D
Really not important but just so you know, Rückkehr is with an umlaut on the u :)
9 Jan 2014, 09:18 AM

I will give this a try tonight, nice work.
9 Jan 2014, 11:28 AM

To me it looks like the left side has a few advantages. The only munition point on the map is closer to the left. The cover also favors the left player since he has green cover next to the ammo point and he can access the northern vp without crossing red cover.
9 Jan 2014, 15:14 PM

Thanks everyone for the comments.

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jan 2014, 11:28 AMQubix
To me it looks like the left side has a few advantages. The only munition point on the map is closer to the left. The cover also favors the left player since he has green cover next to the ammo point and he can access the northern vp without crossing red cover.

Cool, I'll take a look at this and see about tweaking these areas.
9 Jan 2014, 15:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jan 2014, 03:44 AMakosi

I'm still not getting it... On the left, the "1" and "2" that you show are the cutt-offs. The "3" next to the base does not connect to anything else except the base and "2" and has nothing to do with cutting off resources. The area that you wrote "or" in is null territory, it connects nothing.
9 Jan 2014, 15:56 PM

Permanently Banned
cant believe you dont see. you need 3 point at left, and 2 point at rightt to total cutoff.

if you dont hold the 1, 2 point as left but the rest of do, cutoffs worth nothing, see?
9 Jan 2014, 16:21 PM

Akosi youre wrong. If the blue player caps 1 and 2 on the left side the red player will be fully cut off ! 3 is only connected to the base as DrunkinGambit said.
9 Jan 2014, 17:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jan 2014, 15:56 PMakosi
cant believe you dont see. you need 3 point at left, and 2 point at rightt to total cutoff.

if you dont hold the 1, 2 point as left but the rest of do, cutoffs worth nothing, see?

...sigh...
I hope this image clears it up. The pink areas are null, and have nothing to do with sectors connecting. Akosi, you're problem is that you are not seeing a critical null area.
"3" does not connect to "4".
9 Jan 2014, 17:56 PM

Thank you all for your comments. I've made the changes below:

@Qubix: I moved the munitions point slightly towards the eastern base, making it more centered. This also made it so that there is no cover in the capping area. Instead there is yellow cover on both the east and west sides of the capping area. This should be more balanced now.

@Von Kluge: I changed the title to read "Keine Rückkehr." Thanks for that bit of info.

Other changes:
-Fixed a problem where the western player could call in units from the eastern base. This was an issue with Worldbuilder auto setting the call-in point to "world" instead of "Player 2."

-On the southern and northern most buildings, I added another shot blocker to make these buildings (especially the one near the center VP) less powerful.

-Green cover was added to the center strategic point. Now there is green cover on both sides of the point. Previously one player could cap behind green cover while the other could not.

-Some small texturing details added.

EDIT:
-Small hedges added to the middle area to break up MG arcs of fire. MGs had a wide range of view. These shot blockers should make flanking easier.

-Added water texture and adjusted water color to make it look a bit more realistic.
9 Jan 2014, 20:46 PM

I'm looking for some advice on how to add effects such as smoke rising from a crater, dust blowing off a road, or rolling fog clouds. I can't seem to find this in Worldbuilder. If you know how to add these effects, please share!

I hope someone else will chime in because I was looking for any documentation on this too. I have discovered how to add some but I always wonder if it's the correct or best way. Anyway, I'll share what little I know:

- click on the "Render Markers Prox." button, between the object and heightmap buttons.

- set marker mode to "action markers"

- right click to drop one on the ground

- select it

- under the action section, "edit action" button
new command --> fx_attach
fx --> fx_damage --> smoke --> dmg_smoke_light_01

- "apply changes" button

There are a lot of options in there and I don't have a clue what they all mean. And there are smoke fx under fx_ambient, fx_damage, fx_nis, and maybe others. I am just now starting to look through them all to familiarize myself with what's available. And of course you can check out the maps that came with the game to see what they are using.

Hope this helps and if anyone knows more please tell us!
9 Jan 2014, 21:26 PM

Permanently Banned
oh i see, good :D
10 Jan 2014, 02:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jan 2014, 20:46 PMF.X.
There are a lot of options in there and I don't have a clue what they all mean.

Try them out: Learning by doing/Trial and Error.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 93
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment