Login

russian armor

DayZ

pez
5 Jan 2014, 06:38 AM

Dodo, Marinez and I have been playing the shit out of the new standalone. We're bandits, so we find ourselves in fights frequently. It's a lot of fun, and you guys should think about joining us. All the gear is completely customizable, and here's a screenshot of what my dude looks like.

LINK FOR HI RES

5 Jan 2014, 08:57 AM

DO you still have to start a new character when you die and stuff
? Im very interested in trying this out is there anyway to get a trial or something?
pez
5 Jan 2014, 11:18 AM

Yes, if you die you start all over again. Luckily there are several of us, so if one of us gets tagged the others are usually good enough to keep watch, kill the guys who killed us, or at least keep watch on your body until you respawn, run back, and can loot your gear. That's not always the case, though. Sometimes we get overtaken. It happened to us today. But, that's DayZ.

There's no trial. It's worth it, as the game is still in Alpha and will be receiving massive updates over the next several months-years. It has a huge community already as well.
pez
5 Jan 2014, 11:23 AM

Side note, finding that fucking black radar cap has been the bane of my existence. For real, its taken me weeks to find one. When this dude dies, it's going to be a sad day indeed.

Additionally, the M4 is currently the only other rifle in the game besides the Mosin. You can imagine the capabilities of either. The M4 is much more moddable and holds far more attachments. Currently on that gun you can see I have a coupled 30 round clip (which gives it 60 rounds), a weapon flashlight that you can't see, a bipod, a bayonet, and an ACOG scope. Several of these attachments are not possible without the right grip, which I have (you can tell by looking at it, it's sort of hollow). I like to use the hollow buttstock too, but that doesn't make any difference now.

Every single component on that gun can be replaced, and they all "degrade" or can be "ruined". Usually stuff gets ruined by gunfire. Your shirt, pants, vest, etc all take damage and are visibly worn the more damage they have. Even the cans of food in your inventory can be ruined if you get shot.
5 Jan 2014, 14:44 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

Very interesting, I'm looking at DayZ from a while but don't have a group to play it with. At what time do you guys usually play?
pez
5 Jan 2014, 22:14 PM

Usually for me we play mid/early afternoon to later at night, depending on the day. Dodo usually plays earlier than I do. I usually start around 2:00-3:00PM CST to around 7 or 8 PM.
6 Jan 2014, 02:20 AM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I had so much fun playing DayZ when the mod first came out. I will definitely be buying the stand alone version but I am not sure when is the right time. I assume the Alpha is full of horrible bugs which ruin the fun. But what do you guys think? Should I buy it now or later?
6 Jan 2014, 02:43 AM
Honorary Member Badge

I already bought it but if I were you I would at least wait for a couple more patches, at least until they put more loot in and fix that loot only ever spawns on server restart.
pez
6 Jan 2014, 09:40 AM

We're having a great time, but you know Marinez, Dodo and I. We don't really give a shit what anyone thinks or how they play the game in the first place. We make our own fun. I'd be happy to play with either of you.
7 Jan 2014, 10:31 AM
Patrion 14

Just bought the game and installing right now :)
27 Jan 2014, 06:58 AM

Probably in the wrong timezone.. Otherwise I would give it a go..
20 Apr 2014, 17:04 PM

[twitch=basilonereborn]chapter_id=4100977[/twitch]
21 Apr 2014, 01:13 AM

Buy dayz now since its cheaper now, but i would wait a bit more before starting to play, there are no tents or vehicle, so after you have gotten urself geared there is not much todo unless you are totaly new to the map and wanna explore (and i guess killing ppl).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 17

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight