Login

russian armor

How to counter sniper + guards

29 Dec 2013, 10:51 AM

If he has double snipers + one or two guards squads it means that I can't close in with either vehicles or infantry. Seems like this is another very popular build like the early shock troops call-in. Should I build a mortar as soon as I see he has a sniper?
29 Dec 2013, 12:18 PM

I try vs SU sniper team alltime spamming G43+grens. In vet2, near 100% hit rate, works well. Mortar/Gren rifle nade lucky shoot, or Mortar HT flamer round, Scout car flank, but with guards/mine protected Sniper teams, Scout car flank is not easy:S...
29 Dec 2013, 12:42 PM

Permanently Banned
try to not surrender until nebelwerfer+ pak43 or wait the next patch.
29 Dec 2013, 13:40 PM

it has no counter, thats how retarded this game is
29 Dec 2013, 15:03 PM

G43s kills snipers in seconds from 40 range. I would say it is a hard counter to guards and snipers.

Mortar requires luck, nebelwerfer is unfeasable in 1v1 and scout cars die to easily. A halftrack reinforcing in the back can help wonders in pushing snipers off the map.
29 Dec 2013, 15:20 PM

Permanently Banned
g43 is no counter for snipers, or it is,but the enemy is totally noob then.

Ergo lots of enemy used g43 against me, all of them failed.
29 Dec 2013, 16:45 PM

It's a problem of timing, in early game, G43 are not here and in some map, you can maybe easy to push for his Muni.
24 Jan 2014, 12:34 PM

Any over tips when facing this, I keep getting pawned by it on langresky. The best thing I've tried so far is a mortar ht.
24 Jan 2014, 14:37 PM

I didnt built motor to against sniper build MGbunker in fuel point and center VP.enemy only have 4 units to caputure.i built 2 221 and hide one,once their sniper retry,I will use 221 rush to his base to kill sniper even if 221 will die.then myPG,G43 panzerIV will help me hold battle line. i can build 3 -4 panzer iv.
if enemy still fight.ACE tiger will ruin sovit base.
24 Jan 2014, 16:31 PM

It's a tough one. I've only beat it on occasion due to luck and mistakes on the soviet side. G43s can be quite effective but it's doctrinal and is far from a hard counter.

Early game is just so damn difficult for germans right now.
24 Aug 2014, 12:57 PM

The way that I look at this, only clever play can counter this SU build. I personally get a 251 and keep it safe from guards while I deal with the snipers with two gren squads. Rifle grenades work wonders. The SU player will notice my 251 and charge after it with his guards. This is where your trap will be set off. As the 251 draws the guards in, your HMG team is covering the approach to the 251 with a minefield covering their exposed flank. If the snipers havent been forced off yet, they will most likely direct their fire against the HMG team, which can be reinforced from the 251. Now that the guards are suppressed or even pinned, apply more lethality with IAP rounds and send in a CQB unit, such as pioneers or p-grens.

If you didnt forget your assaulting grens during this skirmish, you have most likely won this one. Now reinforce and repair everything and move on.
24 Aug 2014, 23:28 PM

I didnt built motor to against sniper build MGbunker in fuel point and center VP.enemy only have 4 units to caputure.i built 2 221 and hide one,once their sniper retry,I will use 221 rush to his base to kill sniper even if 221 will die.then myPG,G43 panzerIV will help me hold battle line. i can build 3 -4 panzer iv.
if enemy still fight.ACE tiger will ruin sovit base.

i agree with bunker,but if u see sniper u dont haveto go straight toward sniper in begining .u can cap the other side the map and then when you have about 3grnader u can rush to their snipers be sure in that TIME he has 2 sniper and 1 penal or 1guard.if u couldnt kill any of sniper besure he force to retreat and u can cap the map...mmmm g43 may help u in chasing,maybe lightning doctrine be a good choice with g43&tactical movement.
25 Aug 2014, 01:28 AM

I find that 4 grens, 1 mortar, maybe 1 sniper/HMG (to pick off elite inf) and a 222 works. You need a large T1 force. Fastest time to get a 222 is 5 mins, so I'd rush that if I can predict quick m3s too.

Early LMG grens in pairs will kill or scare off snipers really well (it's also good against m3s). Later on, G43s are decent to have on some grens that will close in/flank.

By the time he has 2 snipers you should get a P4 (12 mins) too which helps a lot.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 24
Peru 16
United Kingdom 53
unknown 6
United States 4
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W