Login

russian armor

Wm Sniper camo bug, or balance thing?

17 Dec 2013, 09:30 AM

The sniper camo bug is this effect? 1v1 AM situation now, in latest patch, where my german sniper in long range stay IN GREEN COVER, in hold fire stance, i click manualy shoot on the enemy SU sniper team, shoot down 1 member, and than, the another SU sniper member, aim, shoot, and WIN, without babysitting, or any controll, only with spam mindless attack move, cause me a full squad lost, and -360mp... My Sniper was in GREEN cover, and no wounded enemy solder, or anything enemy detector unit/effect, nothing... Right after this situation, i tested this with on of my friend, and i get cca. 50% same effect, IN Green cover WM sniper, slaughtered by a 2. member of SU sniper, only with Attack move... I think is only a bug, i hope so...
17 Dec 2013, 14:36 PM

Not sure this is a bug OP, I was pretty sure this is how the Soviet sniper team worked. Ost sniper is useless against them.

On a related note, I know the Ost sniper gets set on hold fire until he is retreated if you click the hold fire button at any point. Unclicking the button no longer does anything. Toggling it back and forth also does nothing. I only noticed this recently so must have come with the Southern fronts patch.
17 Dec 2013, 14:53 PM

Permanently Banned
nobody cares if your sniper is in green cover or not , the important is , has it a camo or not. If the enemy sniper managed to get in range to kill your sniper , that is your fault too .

your english is very good btw,
17 Dec 2013, 20:16 PM

Both sniper have same range, what is this "if get in range to kill your sniper is your fault too" thing?
17 Dec 2013, 20:18 PM

Permanently Banned
you must take the risk if you know the enemy sinper is inrage and able to kill your sniper in any time. Better fall back in this time.
17 Dec 2013, 20:23 PM

Hmm, i saw a relic vod, where one of balance tester said : WM sniper in green cover can countersnipe the SU sniper, because in green oover recamo faster, than SU sniper 2. member can shoot back. Thats is simply not true than...
17 Dec 2013, 20:28 PM

Permanently Banned
Hmm, i saw a relic vod, where one of balance tester said : WM sniper in green cover can countersnipe the SU sniper, because in green oover recamo faster, than SU sniper 2. member can shoot back. Thats is simply not true than...

I have a feeling the recamo penalty is similar to vCoH, where repeated sniper shots increase the recamo time. After 3 shots, it takes a significant amount of time to recamo.
17 Dec 2013, 20:29 PM

Permanently Banned
but sometimes you dont get camo when you are still in any cover ^^
17 Dec 2013, 20:33 PM

but sometimes you dont get camo when you are still in any cover ^^
is this a new BUG?
17 Dec 2013, 20:34 PM

Permanently Banned
idk, i usually move away, when i see i still not have the camo.
17 Dec 2013, 21:33 PM
Patrion 26

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Dec 2013, 20:34 PMakosi
idk, i usually move away, when i see i still not have the camo.

I thought good players do that regardless if they have camo or not =)
Shoot and move is the way to play snipers in any game =))
18 Dec 2013, 05:51 AM

The bug with the german sniper is as follows -

If you move your sniper into cover and he is camouflaged, then he will not automatically engage targets in range. You have to manually tell him to attack (this is not with hold fire on, mind you). Hopefully this is fixed soon, as the german sniper isn't even an option this patch.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 92
New Zealand 38
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak