Login

russian armor

need better control for tanks!

15 Dec 2013, 02:15 AM

all tanks need a hold fire button, relic cannot fix tank target priority at all. at least give players the option to manually target a tank that doesn't require constant clicking on the enemy.

i really hate it when a tank

1. waste a shot on infantry while pursuing a tank

2. waste shots on healthy tank when there is a dying tank near by.

i can't maneuver and shoot at the same time, the tank has to stand still for a long period of time, because if you move an inch the tank rather turn its turret and shoot at unimportant targets.

there should also be another extra hotkey that allows you to control your tank using the wasd keys. this should be a toggle ability so it won't interfere with other hotkeys. there are so many keys that are not used and they could be used for the toggle ability, like "q" "z" "x"

press q then you wasd will be keys to manually move your tank. press q again the "a" key will resume its job of attack move, and "s" will resume as stop.

you can add hold fire for any kind of units why not tanks? this will be the quickest and easiest way to help players micro their tank better.
15 Dec 2013, 09:52 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

I'm pretty sure that if you tell a tank to attack a unit and then give a move order, the tank won't "forget" which unit you told it to attack and start shooting at something else (which was always annoying in COH1)
15 Dec 2013, 14:02 PM

I'm pretty sure that if you tell a tank to attack a unit and then give a move order, the tank won't "forget" which unit you told it to attack and start shooting at something else (which was always annoying in COH1)

The problem is truesight.
The very moment the enemy tank hides behind a single tree, your tank changes target. Is very annoying when you are chasing enemy armor between buildings or obstacles because you have to be repeteadly clicking the target.
15 Dec 2013, 14:06 PM

Or if it goes out of range I think it does the same.
15 Dec 2013, 14:33 PM

i had the same experience and took the decision im never building turreted tanks again. its t4 for me all the time.
15 Dec 2013, 15:11 PM

Yeah, I would like a "Manual Mode" for turreted tanks where unit AI doesn't chose targets and you have to click everything you want to shot at.
16 Dec 2013, 12:38 PM

No, target priority button that you can toggle between "Any", "infantry" and "vehicle"
16 Dec 2013, 14:16 PM

i would be happy with a lock on. coomand.
17 Dec 2013, 17:51 PM

i recently had a game where a tank did "forget" to attack a target. it switched target from kv2 to kv8 when it was firing at the kv2 that had very low HP. the target switch happened as soon as i clicked the tank on the ground, away from the tanks to move it. the tank will switch to its own high priority target if you so move the tank instead of constantly clicking on your own target.
17 Dec 2013, 19:22 PM

More importantly than targeting:

Can vehicles get better pathing in this game already, please?

They get stuck on any little bits of terrain, not to mention those stupid VP flag posts (check out Semoskiy mid), and don't even get me started on when two tanks try to move past one another. Frankly, it's been more than half a year since the game's release; this is just pathetic.
17 Dec 2013, 19:38 PM
Patrion 26

More importantly than targeting:

Can vehicles get better pathing in this game already, please?

They get stuck on any little bits of terrain, not to mention those stupid VP flag posts (check out Semoskiy mid), and don't even get me started on when two tanks try to move past one another. Frankly, it's been more than half a year since the game's release; this is just pathetic.

+1 to this, every other genious "idea" is hilarious. If you want a better control of a single unit go play World of Tanks and choose who you will shoot and when you will shoot.
18 Dec 2013, 02:46 AM

i would also like the vehicle pathing to improve but it doesn't seem something that could be easily fixed, and since i don't know how relic made their coding nor do i understand much about coding there is nothing i could really say that could help except complain more, which doesn't help so what's the point.

however, my suggestions like "hold fire button" is more feasible since it's been done before in vcoh and units in coh2 have such ability.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★