Login

russian armor

Sector layout and hills.

14 Dec 2013, 21:04 PM

Hi, I'm making this map at the moment. It's a forest map with a relatively large hill in the middle, with a fuel and VP on it. I'm in early production, I've only height-mapped and put out LOS-blockers so far. It's at 416x416 playable.

The screenshots show sector layout and cutoffs.

I'm quite new to mapping, so I have a few questions.

What effect would this hill have on gameplay?
Are the cutoffs relevant? Will they do their job or be redundant?
Is the "spider's web" of sectors too much? Will it make gameplay an annoying clusterfuck?

Should the semi-cutoffs (the big ones close to base) be absolute cutoffs?
My thoughts around it were that the "web" would make the game fast paced and constant capping absolutely necessary.

EDIT: Stuffed up and posted in wrong forum. If a mod could move/remove that'd be great. Cheers.
16 Dec 2013, 18:15 PM
Patrion 26

Looks like a clusterfuck. If you set 1 fuel point and that will be in the middle then you basically make a camping map. The one who camps the hill better wins. The idea of the spider web will not wok in my opinion, because it looks symmetrical and boring as hell.
But by all means don`t be discouraged by me, I am just stating my opinion and I bet there are plenty of people who will argue with it
18 Dec 2013, 01:10 AM

Quite like the concept with the hill, but not keen on the spider design, would work better with more standardly placed sectors leading to the hill.

Also looks like it might have too many sectors, Onkle's tutorial recommends 10 strat points along with the 2 fuel, 2 muni.
20 Dec 2013, 21:58 PM

Yeah, I've done some testing and the spiderweb went out the door in disgrace almost immediately. Also, the fuel may or may not work out, if not I'll just make it into a VP sector.

I also made the cutoffs true cutoffs. Thanks for the input!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS