Login

russian armor

"One-shot-wipe-potential"

24 Apr 2014, 07:01 AM

From the recent patch notes:

"AOE Profiles

Very similar to the changes made to grenade AOE profiles. Long and mid-range AOE no longer has a chance to miss its target, the weapon profile damage has been averaged out to compensate. Slight adjustments to AOE radius or distance values were made on a number of vehicles to better align them with their intended performance."

Does this mean even more/less one shot wipes or does this probably have no effect?

From what i understand, it seems to be that vehicles that cause huge wipes at close range also do the same wiping power at long range. IS-2 scatter over longer ranges has been increased some, if that is the result of this change, if that scatter even chnages anything. We will see in a few hours.
24 Apr 2014, 11:24 AM
Donator 33

It is mainly because infantry models tend to be inside each other when doing normal things like retreating, shooting, hiding in cover, etc. Giving infantry a more profound set distance to be spaced would fix some of that. I was healing my Tiger, and one katyusha rocket killed all four models of my pioneer squad because all 4 of them decided to repair in a space the size of two models standing shoulder to shoulder. Most one shot kills are made because of too close spacing of a squad. I target those squads over anything anything else , and there is nothing that the player can do about it. I understand that your main problem is squads being one shotted without the player being able to do anything about it. I am assuming excluding mines.

You know units repairing take extra damage, unless they are VET 3 pioneers/engineers
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★