Login

russian armor

soviet defensive commander MG

29 Nov 2013, 02:45 AM

I tried it all. I would walk my sniper circles to the mg, it would take a shot then move forward,or vice versa. Walking circle close, then targeting unit produced the same effect. Only thing that helped was being in cover first.
29 Nov 2013, 03:03 AM

I tried it all. I would walk my sniper circles to the mg, it would take a shot then move forward,or vice versa. Walking circle close, then targeting unit produced the same effect. Only thing that helped was being in cover first.

Keep using the halt command to keep the sniper in line - hotkey "W" if you're using the gridkeys

If you target individual squads manually make sure you hit the halt command or move away after taking the shot. For some reason the AI tends to move too close to your target forcing you to babysit the unit
29 Nov 2013, 03:38 AM

Hmm didnt think of using halt hotkey. I did try firing then backing away but due to input lag, I would still get caught in return fire.
29 Nov 2013, 07:48 AM

Permanently Banned
Sniper has 50 range, Dusche has 45.
Thats a very thin margin for error.

On many positions, that makes it very difficult to even line up a max range shot.
Add to that the buggy Sniper movement/firing.

One way around that is to deliberately send a unit into the arc to draw its fire away from the Sniper, but especially vs the Dusches higher DPS and even faster suppression than Maxim, you end up taking as much attrition as you cause.

I dont consider Sniper a serious valid HMG counter, especially vs Sovs +2man benefit.
Even if you do manage to align and micro a few shots, the HMG can just reposition without really having had its field effectiveness compromised much. Its not even much of an MP bleed.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment