russian armor

Elite Mod COH - Download and Changelog

PAGES (29)down
18 Nov 2013, 15:15 PM

...RelicCoh.exe" -mod EliteMod -dev
18 Nov 2013, 15:20 PM
Honorary Member Badge

...RelicCoh.exe" -mod EliteMod -dev

I tried -mod EliteMod, -mod EliteMod -dev, -mod elitemod -dev, and -mod elitemod, and none of them worked
18 Nov 2013, 15:23 PM

Permanently Banned

I tried -mod EliteMod, -mod EliteMod -dev, -mod elitemod -dev, and -mod elitemod, and none of them worked

maybe you forgot to add the module. its not in the same folder.
18 Nov 2013, 15:23 PM

You did copy your "EliteMod" folder and "EliteMod.module", which were in the folder "Elitemod1", into your company of heroes relaunch folder?
Does normal coh work?
18 Nov 2013, 15:34 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Ah right forgot to extract the EliteMod.module- it's working now. Thanks for the help.
18 Nov 2013, 15:35 PM

-dev is only suppose to be there if you want to use cheatmod. I had the exact same problem before but it was something in the module file that crashed the game. Tommy fixed it and now it works.

Edit: Ninja'd
Seb
18 Nov 2013, 15:38 PM
Admin Black Badge

What's the point exactly ? I mean, not negatively, but what is the audience and needs this patch fill ?

Balanced casual games with friends ?
Tournament only ?
Hoping eventually everyone would use it even on automatch ?
Technical challenge, show possibilities and maybe hint Relic towards using it officially ?
18 Nov 2013, 15:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Nov 2013, 22:28 PMTommy

Volks cost was upped back to how it was in 2.601 as a small nerf to Wher T1. I play to later combine this with small buffs to the US T1 to reflect Wher's slight early game dominance..

I don't tend to notice wehr having early game dominance, since rifles without upgrades if properly used can prevent the wehr player from branching out too much, plus nades, always force movement on the wehr player sometimes even retreat, and bars do quite allot of mp damage to volks, and their mp40s can normally be countered with a bar supression.
18 Nov 2013, 15:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Nov 2013, 15:38 PMSeb
What's the point exactly ? I mean, not negatively, but what is the audience and needs this patch fill ?

Tournament only ?
Technical challenge, show possibilities and maybe hint Relic towards using it officially ?

I don't think relic might use this mod, since Tommy is hinting at changing things in game.
18 Nov 2013, 15:58 PM

This really blew up overnight, so I'll try to keep this to the point.

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Nov 2013, 14:33 PMkafrion
excellent , very good job , just one suggestion , instead of buffing pershing remove 1 cp from callis so they come at 5cps instead of 6 so that we wont be forced to go for infantry every time ?

A good suggestion, this would bring it in line with the howi- however the calli is also considerably more powerful than the howi (basically can't be dodged, penetrates armour) so needs some thinking about.

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Nov 2013, 14:44 PMPepsi
snip

I think an LOS buff for rifles would be way too powerful- if they could always see MG's before the MG's saw them, early game US would become much easier. I am however considering dropping the price of rifle reinforcement so that flanking is less punishing.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean with the SY. Is it that you feel the SY 1 isn't a worthwhile upgrade, while SY 2 is overpowered?

Time taken to get in/out of HT's is something I can look at.

snip

Hardcaps have been suggested before but I don't think it's an optimal solution- if my opponent starts really spamming vetted grens and I don't have enough rifle vet, double snipers might be my only solution. I'd just like to make snipers a bit more vulnerable, so they aren't able to solo whole armies on their own (slight exaggeration).

Yeah I'm working on the doctrine xp kicker change at the moment. It's a little convoluted but quite doable.

hopefully there wont only pros play this Elite Mod, so that beginners have a chance to nj as well. Anyways would you consider implementing the better Textures, which are available?

I hope so too! I called it 'Elite Mod' in homage to the DoW2 mod of the same name but that doesn't mean I'm just pitching it to the top level (although it will be balanced for high level 1v1 play).
Texture packs for vCoH are quite subjective- honestly, I don't like them, and there are others who dislike them too. If people want to install them, they can do and they'll show up in the mod just as in vCoH.

Great initiative, Tommy. I'm just curious, are you modding on your own or do you have some guys helping you? I didn't know you were a modder! Looking forward to seeing your progress with this.

I got a friend from OMGmod (Khorney) to show me my ass from my elbow as far as Corsix is concerned :P Kolaris is also helping me out with the doctrine/xp kicker issue. As far as actual gameplay changes go, it's not just me sarging straight in there. The original changelog was done by myself, DevM and Aimstrong, and I'm keeping in contact with those guys (and others) as I consider other changes to implement.

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Nov 2013, 15:38 PMSeb

Tournament only ?

Well, as it's a public release, I hope that anyone who just enjoys CoH but is a little frustrated with some of the more noticeable bugs like M10 misfire and base strafe will use the mod to play games with their mates as normal. In the future, once some of the big issues have been looked at and some changes implemented (ie snipers) I'd like to use it to host events. As far as auto goes, I highly doubt there'll be enough people for that to function. And as for Relic, I don't know. I'll contact Noun to see what his thoughts are; obviously it'd be fantastic if it got implemented but I don't know if they want to do that. Also certain changes like M10 misfire would probably have to be reverted as Relic don't like using 3rd party models.
18 Nov 2013, 16:50 PM

good suggestion, this would bring it in line with the howi- however the calli is also considerably more powerful than the howi (basically can't be dodged, penetrates armour) so needs some thinking about.

1) Isn't Calliope 7cp's?

2) Btw Volksgrenadiers are 28mp with a 0.5x modifier ...

280 / 5 * 0.5 = 28
18 Nov 2013, 17:01 PM

Oh, I assumed it was 6. If it's 7 perhaps it's worth bringing down a peg, that seems extreme considering howi's come at 5.
18 Nov 2013, 17:34 PM

Permanently Banned
"Snipers now have a negative zeal radius of 20 (same as pioneer antispam) where recived accuracy modified by 1.5x for each additional sniper"

That means that if i have 2 snipers they will get insta raped by strafe?
18 Nov 2013, 17:37 PM

Btw I don't like the volks change in favor of lowering the rifles ..

Lowering the rifles makes more sense, because it's the US side that's is hurting on manpower, all in flanks will still be risky and lower reinforce costs, means snipers (the single early sniper) are less impactful.

It's also, that you hurt the Wehrmacht, when he loses an early 1v1 random skirmish vs a rifleman squad. (A bit like the opposite now, where usually volks come out on top because of the manpower advantage.)

The first small skirmish should not set the scene for the game. With low reinforce cost, u have better back and forth dynamics, and u encourage players to keep squads alive.

Also, you should really set flammenwerfer to 35. Since now it does the minimum damage iirc; so now u would actually nerf it with 5 damage. And there is really no need to nerf it.
18 Nov 2013, 17:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Nov 2013, 17:37 PM12ocky
Btw I don't like the volks change in favor of lowering the rifles ..

Lowering the rifles makes more sense, because it's the US side that's is hurting on manpower, all in flanks will still be risky and lower reinforce costs, means snipers (the single early sniper) are less impactful.

It's also, that you hurt the Wehrmacht, when he loses an early 1v1 random skirmish vs a rifleman squad. (A bit like the opposite now, where usually volks come out on top because of the manpower advantage.)

The first small skirmish should not set the scene for the game. With low reinforce cost, u have better back and forth dynamics, and u encourage players to keep squads alive.

Also, you should really set flammenwerfer to 35. Since now it does the minimum damage iirc; so now u would actually nerf it with 5 damage. And there is really no need to nerf it.

All good points, will implement some of these for v1.1. Good catch with the flammen, that was an oversight.
18 Nov 2013, 18:00 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

Great stuff. Dare I dream of a TFN tourney to promote this?

A couple of other things that might warrant a look-at:
-Nebelwerfers' cooldown resetting when recrewed.
-Allied War Machine-produced vehicles spawn without upgrades while OMCG produced vehicles spawn with all upgrades.
-Mortar causing damaged engine 100% of the time on Pumas (don't know about other vehicles)
-Ostwind and stolen Paks: Ostwind will target the Pak weapon rather than the crew
18 Nov 2013, 18:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Nov 2013, 17:34 PMFritzX
"Snipers now have a negative zeal radius of 20 (same as pioneer antispam) where recived accuracy modified by 1.5x for each additional sniper"

That means that if i have 2 snipers they will get insta raped by strafe?

No, but it does mean that 2 snipers together will have a 112.5% chance of being countersniped while moving, and an 84% chance of hitting either of those 2 snipers on retreat, compared to 75% and 56% in vanilla respectively.

-Nebelwerfers' cooldown resetting when recrewed.
-Allied War Machine-produced vehicles spawn without upgrades while OMCG produced vehicles spawn with all upgrades.
-Mortar causing damaged engine 100% of the time on Pumas (don't know about other vehicles)
-Ostwind and stolen Paks: Ostwind will target the Pak weapon rather than the crew

Who knows :P

I'm looking into nebels- going to try and tie the cooldown to the gun rather than the crew.

Good catch with AWM- is this something people would be interested in seeing changed?

Mortar, again, some may see it as a feature, but definitely worth considering.

Interesting with the Ostwind, this should be an easy fix.
18 Nov 2013, 18:08 PM

-Nebelwerfers' cooldown resetting when recrewed. He mentioned this and will fix (isn't it the same with all recrewable artillery not sure?)
-Allied War Machine-produced vehicles spawn without upgrades while OMCG produced vehicles spawn with all upgrades. Not an easy fix, but there is more things possible to fix apparantly that i didn't know about. I know some of the game mechanics, but nothing about the actual modding / programming. So who knows?
-Mortar causing damaged engine 100% of the time on Pumas (don't know about other vehicles) Fair thing, not an easy feat to hit a puma with a mortar, wouldn't change
-Ostwind and stolen Paks: Ostwind will target the Pak weapon rather than the crew interesting, might need a target priority change
18 Nov 2013, 18:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Nov 2013, 15:58 PMTommy

I think an LOS buff for rifles would be way too powerful- if they could always see MG's before the MG's saw them, early game US would become much easier. I am however considering dropping the price of rifle reinforcement so that flanking is less punishing.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean with the SY. Is it that you feel the SY 1 isn't a worthwhile upgrade, while SY 2 is overpowered?

Time taken to get in/out of HT's is something I can look at.

Giving a LOS for rifles won't affect early game. As it would be a SY buff. I don't know at which lvl of it to put it tho.
The increased LOS would cost at least the SY build (150mp 50fuel). Or maybe the first lvl of SY.

The SY building always appears before the T2, so it would better to put the buff with the lvl 1 upgrade.

I know that mg gets a LOS buff at vet2 or vet3. So it would anyway takes the advantage on the rifle LOS, at some points. And it would make the support vet more relevant.. Right now, it's used for snipers or nebels only.. Who gets vet2/3 for his mgs ?

Being able to optimize infantry maneuvers with HTs would be insane...
Examples :
- get units to the front faster,
- hide sniper from a recon run,
- pick up a squad in danger to reinforce somewhere else,
- ninja flank with a close range elite infantry,
- save a squad by jumping into ht, while it would ahve die on retreat, the ht might have no counter or hold the damages better than 2 poors volks on retreat.
18 Nov 2013, 18:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Nov 2013, 18:07 PMTommy

Mortar, again, some may see it as a feature, but definitely worth considering.

Pretty sure mortar thing is a feature, since a mortar normally falls from the top and the engine has it's weakest armour on top, plus it is near impossible to hit a vehicle with a mortar.
PAGES (29)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS