russian armor

Worldbuilder basic information by Relic

14 Nov 2013, 16:25 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Message from the team working on the world builder:

1. They can start the WorldBuilder by running:
…\Steam\steamapps\common\Company of Heroes 2\WorldBuilder_CoH_2.exe
2. They must save their scenario in:
…\Steam\steamapps\common\Company of Heroes 2\CoH2\Data\Scenarios\MP\<MyScenario>
3. They can only create MP scenarios at this time.
4. If they run the following command from their Steam install folder:
Archive.exe -a CoH2\Archives\MPScenarios.sga -e CoH2\Data
The archive tool will extract all our MP maps, which they can then load to figure out how we’ve done things.
5. When they save their scenario it will generate a bunch of files, they can:
a. Edit the .options file in NotePad for more options.
b. Create a custom minimap by creating a file called <MyScenario>_mm_low.tga. If they add a boarder, the minimap_size in the .options file is the size in pixels of the playable area of the scenario (original size minus boarder size).
c. Create a custom preview by creating a file called <MyScenario>_mm_preview.tga. (Usually the same image as the minimap.)
d. Create a custom loading screen by creating a file called <MyScenario>_loading_background.tga.
6. They can create a Scenario Pack (an archive containing all scenario files including the custom ones named above) by going File->Export Package.
7. Any Scenario Packs in their …\My Documents\My Games\Company of Heroes 2\mods\scenarios\ folder will be available in the Custom Match lobby.
8. All users must have the same Scenario Pack installed to be able to start a custom game.
14 Nov 2013, 16:25 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Thought i'd repost this on our site, too. Especially so others know where to put files and how to export stock maps
14 Nov 2013, 16:43 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Thanks for number 4.
14 Nov 2013, 16:44 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Patrion 39

I would even pin that, or will you put that in the index?

14 Nov 2013, 16:47 PM
Honorary Member Badge

i'll put it into the index i guess
14 Nov 2013, 16:51 PM
Donator 11

Hey OS,

I'm gonna look into creating my own map and go through your guide but one quick question.

Can you create winter maps without blizzards like Semois Winter ?
14 Nov 2013, 16:57 PM
Honorary Member Badge

yes you can. Blizzards are actually coded by SCAR, if i remember Janne correctly. So, by default there are no blizzards.... don't quote me on that tough.
14 Nov 2013, 17:38 PM

Yes by default no blizzard. You make a snow looking map via terrain textures and the deep snow tool. Try painting the deep snow on some statics like a building or destroyed tank. Very amazing stuff.
15 Nov 2013, 00:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Nov 2013, 17:38 PMTheel
Yes by default no blizzard. You make a snow looking map via terrain textures and the deep snow tool. Try painting the deep snow on some statics like a building or destroyed tank. Very amazing stuff.

Where is this, deep snow tool. I found the ice tool, but it doesn't add snow. I know once I post this, I'll find it, but for the life of me, I cannot.
15 Nov 2013, 14:14 PM

No seriously... I think we need to start a collection for OS in gratitude of all his help!! Without him we all would be lost..
15 Nov 2013, 14:29 PM

Thanks for number 4.

Hey Srinid or OnkelSam or anyone.. How exactly do you do #4? i know its probably a stupid question.. It did nothing when i tried... Thanks :)
15 Nov 2013, 15:39 PM

I havent tried #4 yet, but I would assume u run the archive.exe with the mentioned options in the command line under the exe properties. I would imagine, it extracts the stock maps, to your steamapps/common/companyofheroes2/coh2/data/scenarios/mp folder...but i havent tried.
15 Nov 2013, 17:55 PM

Figured it out.. it works. But the issue i have now is i get a error message "outside known mods" and ".sgb" wont open? anyhow ideas?
15 Nov 2013, 18:20 PM

I believe that is, due to the file being located in the wrong directory. It could also occur, if you have certain *.module files in your COH directory prior to relic.module (alphabetically), but it's kind of early to have mods installed.
15 Nov 2013, 22:43 PM

is there a way to lock a selection in worlbuilder like spacebar in 3ds max? that'd make it MUCH easier to edit stuff.
18 Dec 2013, 13:53 PM

I havent tried #4 yet, but I would assume u run the archive.exe with the mentioned options in the command line under the exe properties. I would imagine, it extracts the stock maps, to your steamapps/common/companyofheroes2/coh2/data/scenarios/mp folder...but i havent tried.

Im having trouble with #4 as well, when I run Archive with that command line, nothing seems to happen and nothing has been put into COH2\Data

18 Dec 2013, 14:15 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

It is probably because you run the command prompt from the default folder location. In order to run it from the CoH2 installation folder go to
"Steam\steamapps\common"
And SHIFT- rightclick company of heroes 2
Select the option "open command window here "
Then simply execute the command posted in the OP

If you select another sga file in the archive folder you can extract everything, the SP missions, the TOW missions and all the other stuff

NOte: this only works on Vista and later, if you have XP you can manually move to the Coh2 installation folder using the cd commands in the command prompt
18 Dec 2013, 14:42 PM

Oh, thank you so much 8)
9 Jan 2014, 16:50 PM

Quick question: I've published a map, and now that some testing has been done, I want to update it. How do I update my map without deleting the old one? Do I just export package again and all subscribers to my map will get the update?
23 Jan 2014, 09:10 AM
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight